08 Sep U COUNT SEPTEMBER 2017 PRAYER REQUEST
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NLT)
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
Durrell Bumphus will be sentenced on Sept. 7 at 9am (open to the public) and has already pled guilty to a Felony charge of human trafficking. This is a landmark case for Larimer County under the new HT laws. Pray for a just and fair sentence.
From our Uganda partner:
Pray for our Center girls as this is the last month they are in training for tailoring and hair dressing, starting in October they are required to intern for 2 months and then they will be able to graduate and get their certificate of completion.
Pray for a young lady that we are working on getting back from Oman, Jordan. It is never easy to work with many moving parts of governments and especially two different countries and then 2 different sets of people. Please pray the process in getting her travel documents completed will be fast.
We start another 8 weeks of trauma healing for Africa class for volunteers of Rahab. Pray over them as they start to understand trauma and abuse and that they will see God’s unconditional love and restoration.
Pray for me as I have started a 20 week course in biblical counseling and what an amazing opportunity to do this here in Uganda and the couple teaching it is offering it to us for free, just 15.00 for a course book. I have been praying over this next step in my life and could not have seen a free course being offered. God really is amazing.
This month is our annual walk/challenge it is September 16th and the challenge in from Kampala to Entebbe and it is 29 kilometers. It is an amazing opportunity for us to raise awareness in what Rahab does and the fight against human trafficking. I pray for bigger numbers of participants this year. Pray over protection for the participants walking and for all volunteers and people planning this event.
I am still asking for financial prayers I am needing to raise 250.00 a month more so I can finish this year strong and able to hold up to my obligations and be at my monthly support. I know and believe in the Lords plan for this change in my funding. I know he will use this time to show great provision and I trust in him providing for me. It also shows that I have had some incredible people who have supported me a long the away and that they are invaluable to me. I could not have done this work with out them. I lift them up for all they have provided for me and the women and colleges and people that we have impacted these past 2 ½ years.
From our New Delhi partner:
It seems long that we communicated but God has been good and helping us surge through the rough and smooth phases of life. Even though I may fail to write to you every month but I know for sure that you are praying and interceding on our behalf as we can sense that we are been able to find peace in the difficult situations of our personal, professional and ministerial lives. Thank you so much for your unfailing prayer and support….
· The children who had gone on the summer break to their villages with their mothers, returned on time to resume school
· All the 19 kids are doing well and are growing in the Lord
· One of the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) members, who joined another organization, brought her new colleagues to our Home to showcase our work and documentation and requested us to extend help to them in setting up their new home. PTL!
· We were able to apply for the Government Identification Aadhar Card for 17 of our children. We are doing the paper work for the other two kids as well. 6 identification cards have already come. PTL!
· It’s been more than a month that one of our mothers has left the profession and is working in a factory. We pray that she makes this a permanent decision.
· Even as I write to you this mail, I got a call from my team that there was a surprise inspection by three lawyers by the order of Delhi High Court. They seemed happy with the functioning. PTL!
· Ben has his medical review with his treating doctor this week
· Our two years license expired on the 31st of July and more than a month before we had applied for the renewal. We had a surprise inspection at our Home by three members’ team on the 4th of this month. By God’s grace everything went well. PTL! Please pray that our License is sanctioned soon.
· Due to constant raids and police interference in the Red Light District, the ladies have scattered to different locations but continue to operate from those new locations. This is scarier and makes our interventions difficult. Seek your prayers for His guidance.
· Amidst many scarcities of different resources, we are trusting God to see us through. Please pray with us that all things will be taken care off.
· We have yet again seen another property that would suit our purpose for a new Home. Seek your earnest prayers for God Almighty to supernaturally help us with the resources to purchase this building, if it is in His sovereign will.
We value your prayers and want to thank you with a grateful heart. Please continue to pray for this ministry.
Pray over these upcoming U COUNT September Events:
• 9, Pastels on 5th, 10am-5pm, 5th Street & Lincoln Ave, Loveland, CO.
• 21, Concerned Citizens Against Human Trafficking, 4:30pm, Timberline Church Fort Collins
Campus, Room 204.