03 Apr U COUNT APRIL 2017 PRAYER NOTES
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
APRIL PRAYER NEEDS
Pray for Streets Hope Missions Day. Pray that we would be a blessing to the women and the hands and feet of Christ. For those who do not know him, may they experience him personally through our service and work. Pray that there are no construction issues and that all of the plans are accomplished without incident.
From our partner in New Delhi:
I had sent in so many prayer requests last time and today I write to witness about His goodness and faithfulness. Thank you so much for earnestly praying for all our needs and upholding each one of us in your prayers.
· All of our 14 children who took their final exam early this month, passed and promoted to the next class. PTL!
· God opened the way and we were able to bring home 5 new children (3 girls and 2 boys) into Suraksha Home this month. Now we have19 children (12 girls & 7 boys) where as we have the sanctioned capacity of 18 children.
· All the 19 children start with their new session from 3rd of April. Please pray that God Almighty will help and guide them from the very first day of their new session. Let Proverbs 1:7 (The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline) be their focus.
· For the Women’s Day Celebration at the Outreach Center in the Red Light District, we were able to share and pray with 25 ladies.
· On clinic day at the Center an average 9-10 ladies come to consult with the doctor.
· Critical Prayer Need! The prayer request is that the doctor is not been able to cope up with the workings at the Center. It is affecting her health and she has already asked us to look for another doctor. I have realized if it’s not a calling to serve in this area, it will be difficult for anyone to be a part of this ministry. This is our urgent prayer request.
From our partner in Uganda:
I need to look for an apartment so please pray over the broker who shows me properties that he will be honest and able to find me an apartment in my price range. For the location of my apartment to be good, for the security and that it will be a nice clean home in a quiet neighborhood. I pray over the neighborhood I will be living in that it I will be a blessing and that it will be good community.
For my reentry back into Uganda as I resettle into work and daily life. For my friendships to grow stronger and my community to grow stronger. I had just moved to the new side of town and so building new relationships and strengthening the ones I had already know.
For work as I start to look at what is my job role and how can I be more effective in the ministry. Having conversations with the director and staff to ensure I am effectively coming alongside of them and what does 2017 look like. I want to have conversations about the cross border trafficking survivors and how do we do a better job of serving these young ladies.
As well as boundaries on how much we as staff take on and what are the skills and gifts each person has and how do we build an amazing team.
Pray for me to take what I learned on sabbatical and how to apply the self care that is needed to be most effective in my life. That I will learn to be authentic and vulnerable and ask for help and be real with the struggles in life. And ask for things that I need.
I also need prayer when I return as there is a new law in place for vehicle inspections, I pray my car will pass and that I can get all things fixed on it and then be able to sell it for a new car. My radiator went out this week so it is time to get a new car. I pray I will get the asking price for it and be able to put more towards a newer car. Pray that when my car goes into inspection that a bribe is not needed to have it pass.