21 Apr U COUNT APRIL 2016 PRAYER NOTES
Praise and Prayer
“No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people. Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless.”
Theme: Local Hotels
-For management and employees to have eyes to see what is really happening and to have the courage and integrity to call in and have a zero tolerance for prostitution and trafficking in their hotels. That they would train their staff as well.
Global – From our Partners in New Delhi
Boys & Girls Home
The children just finished their school session. The school year goes April – March. I am so proud of all our children. We had four children rank #1 in their class. This is amazing considering all our children entered school at a disadvantage because of age or circumstances. One of the biggest improvements was “Thomas”! He ranked #1 in his class. This is a HUGE victory for this sweet, but he’s a handful, little guy. God has truly worked in his life. We are so proud of him! In fact all our children ranked in the top three spots except for two. Wow! What a testimony! Thank you, Jesus for your strength, power and faithfulness.
• Please pray for all the students as they begin the new session in their new classes.
As on know, we continually pray for additional staff. We are so excited to be adding two new staff members at the end of the month. They both have a degree in Social Work.
• Please pray for the new staff as they prepare to leave their homes and come to Delhi for the first time.
In an effort to provide more care and support of our staff, we are looking to rent two rooms for “staff housing” away from the home. This will allow the staff to work in 12-hour shifts and leave and come back.
• Please pray we find rooms near the Boys & Girls home that are safe and in our budget.
• Please pray for our staff as we prepare to launch the Vocational Training for the ladies.
Land for Boys & Girls Home
We continue to search for land for the Boys & Girls Home. ONE problem [we have many…ha!] is that we must be within the city limits of Delhi because of government requirement. That’s like trying to buy property in Manhattan! We have been searching for land for over 4 years. We need a breakthrough. We have our weekly team meeting on Tuesdays 11 – 2:30 pm. We are fasting Tuesday morning and committing the first portion of the team meeting to praying for this specific need – LAND
• Please pray that God will lead us to the property that HE has selected for us.
• Please pray that the payment will be by check and no cash will be involved.
• Please pray for resources as the prices in Delhi continue to climb each month.
Our daughter is finishing up her third-year of college. So hard to believe. She will be spending six weeks this summer in Spain with Project Rescue.
• Please pray for her as she prepares to go to Spain.
• We have several special needs for our family.
Thank you all for praying! It means so much.